16 Apr Relief for Our Auto and Home Customers
We understand that nearly everyone is facing challenges due to the coronavirus pandemic. As someone who’s entrusted Plymouth Rock to keep you and your loved ones safe, you should know that we want to do what we can to help you by providing financial assistance during this time.
As we work together to slow the spread of COVID-19, most of us are driving less and many are facing financial hardship. We want to let you know that relief is on the way.
Plymouth Rock Is Here.
Today, we announced that effective April 1, 2020 we will provide relief for personal insurance customers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, subject to regulatory approval. Relief will continue until each state’s current stay-at-home orders are lifted.
Plymouth Rock plans to offer the following relief to our customers:
- Personal Auto insurance customers will receive a 25% premium credit on Liability and Personal Injury Protection Coverages. An automatic credit will be applied to affected customers’ policies. No further action is required.
- We are introducing our “pay it forward” option, which gives anyone who wishes the ability to donate their personal auto insurance premium credit to a non-profit that is providing relief for those hit hardest by COVID-19. A list of charities will be made available at plymouthrock.com in the coming days.
- Any health care worker who is an auto insurance customer and is involved in an accident while driving to or from work, or in the line of duty, will not have to pay their comprehensive and collision deductible.
- For our homeowner customers, Plymouth Rock will apply its Additional Living Expense Coverage to any health care worker who is required by illness or job requirements caused by COVID-19 to temporarily reside somewhere other than their primary residence. This coverage would be available when payment for these expenses is not provided by the health worker’s employer or another source.*
- Continuation of our payment flexibility, including waiving of late fees and a 60-day grace period (longer in some states), holds on cancellations and non-renewals for non-payment, per state guidelines.
If you are facing financial difficulty due to COVID-19 that may impact your ability to pay your premium, contact us to discuss how we can help. We hope these steps provide some real relief during these difficult times. For additional information and updates, click here. Thank you for being a valued Plymouth Rock customer, and please stay safe.
More than just insurance. Plymouth Rock Assurance.